Saturday, April 24, 2010

A New Address!

Empty spaces are always depressing...
Irrespective of whether they previously were filled with happy memories, sad or none.. Bare walls, empty rooms, and echoing sounds within those rooms always depress.

17 - When i moved out of a safe net.. en route to carve out my own destiny. That's one journey (amongst others) i'll never forget...
Four hostels, four PG accommodations, one rented place and 15 room mates later i don't even know what is my comfort zone and what my preferences are, if any!

I've enjoyed every bit of this journey.. adjusting to new surroundings and new people now comes very easy. I've loved not being tied down to one particular city. When people ask "Where are you from?", I just say "From a lot of places!"

But i guess i'm done living a nomadic life. I have started to feel the need to attach myself to someplace - my own city and my own house. Having lived in so many different rooms all these years, each time I set up a new one, I thought of what it will be like when I finally will set up my home! :-)

About to move in to another house.. the feeling only grows. How many more places till I finally come home? Coz there's nothing as soothing as coming home again!

2 comments:

...Raji... said...

I havent had such a changing journey...
but now that i have a stable place...it feels awesome..
i know what u are feeling...

But i feel.. The best time to make the place you are in as "HOME".. to decorate it.. to make it you.. is NOW

cliche..
but change or no change... make the now place the way you want..

noone knows.. for how long stability will be accompanying..

Neha said...

@ Raji.. i did that with each place u know! But it came with the realisation that this is temporary! I dont mind the efforts babe.. im just longing to them for my own place now!