Wednesday, January 20, 2010

10 things that bug Me


1. Judgmental People

And I thought I was done with my share while I was in engineering college! But I was in for a surprise!! They are omnipresent!! And they love targetting out-of-line idiosyncrasies!

Ok.. Honestly.. even I silently analyse people around me all the time (its the best way to kill time when you are travelling in Mumbai local trains!) but I don't alter my behaviour towards someone based on my (possibly incorrect) perceptions!
I'm referring to the kinds who, when they see a girl (or a guy for that matter) drinking / smoking and immediately tag her / him "wasted", "spoilt brat", "useless" and the likes.. Professors (and bosses alike) who see a boy and a girl talking and getting friendly and immediately make a mental note of giving them minimum marks in termwork!
Seen a lot of them.. We know that they'll always be there.. But the world would have been a better place if there weren't people judging others and screwing their happiness!

2. Hypocrisy

People who don't have the courage to stand up to their ideologies and they change them - usually under pressure of social acceptance or simple peer pressure. The need to have desirable and publicly approved traits is so high that they feign any behaviour that will satisfy the need.

I dont think hypocrisy can cease to exist.. I just feel sorry for those people who will wake up one day with no sense of identity left..
All of us have our flaws.. And all of us have our spot under the sun! Then why the need to change?!?! Love yourself.. Everyone else will follow! ;-)

3. Political Correctness

Realised this more so when I started my professional life.. Under the scare of the big boss, most employees forget what they believe in and do or say only what the boss would like to hear!

I agree that to a certain extent, keeping your boss happy is mandatory.. but not at the cost of killing your beliefs and principles!

4. Dirty Nails

I made my boss cut his toe nails because they were way too dirty and unacceptable as decent living conditions! I cant stand them! Period!

5. Bad Breath

Two extra minutes every morning! That is all it takes! Wonder why dont people do it then! Or else just use Mint people! Mint! :P

6. The Sound of Velcro

I think this is more of a disorder than anything else! U have them everywhere! On bags, wallets, pouches, folders!! And each time it goes open n close.. I can feel goose bumps rising on my flesh!

7. False Pretenses

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken!! Isn't it simpler and so much more easier to just be U..

8. People who honk at a red signal / traffic jams

Even I am impatient.. very! But seriously what is the goddamn point of honking when 50 cars up ahead of u are stuck! Duh! Utilise this time effectively.. plug on that handsfree and return the calls u missed while u were at work.. Listen to ur fav music.. Learn time management!

9. Pink

No explanations. The only two pink pieces of clothing I own were both not bought by me! Though I must admit that gradually the dislike for the colour in itself is reducing.. the aversion to wear pink is because I'm not a pink person! If u know what I mean...

10. Ignorance of Me

I detest it when people (loved ones actually) do not return my calls or texts or emails! Especially when it is more than just another call.. or it is one of those 6 part linked texts / long e-mails which were written with more thought than I put into my curriculum vitae! Aarggh!

People who've known me, know this about me.. Some have improved.. Most others just love to see me squirm in disgust at the ignorance I receive!

P.S.: The reason behind this post is that me and 2 of my "besht" friends decided to post on the same topic and at the same time! Just another one of those weird ideas we came up with! Just in case you are interested.. the links to the other two are

http://conceptlife.blogspot.com/
http://thought-for-the-blog.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

OffSid said...

The Ignoring of Ms. Mordia:

i believe that there are times when you feel like telling those special someones whats on your mind. But just because you write a long message, or say something sweet, doesnt demand a response. You say somethin nice to people, coz u want to say it and nobody has forced that upon you. In the same vein, if the person concerned doesnt feel like responding, or has nothing to say that will do justice to a message or sentiment shown, then i dont think it would be right to write back or say something in return, coz it wouldnt fulfil the emotions that actually go into it! Let it be known that when feelings overflow, they will always be more true than when you 'have' to write back or respond to something.

Anonymous said...

Just curious, How did u stumble upon ur boss's toe-nails :P

Neha said...

@ OffSid.. I agree darling.. but try thinking about it from the other person's perspective! The person puts in all her/his heart into saying so much.. and other person doesn't even as little as acknowledge the msg/mail! Now that's a tad bit unfair!! the response needn't necessarily be equally longish.. even some sort of an acknowledgement would do justice!

@ Anon.. Good observation skills come in very handy :)

Deals, Savings and more ! said...

@Neha: Excellent observation skills, I must say :)

Neha said...

@ ANonymous.. Thank you :)